Trusted by clients across Melbourne, we thank you for choosing us as your personal beauty specialist
Enhance your natural beauty
Plasma Pre and Post Care Information
Pre Plasma Fibroblast Treatment Recommendations
- Do not wax, pluck, use depilatory creams or undertake electrolysis for 2 weeks prior to treatment, and in between treatments
- Do not use prescription-strength exfoliate creams (Retin-A and Alpha Hydroxy) for 2 weeks prior to treatment
- Avoid tanning, including self-tanning lotions, tanning bed/booths or sun exposure, for 4 weeks prior to and in between treatments. A zinc-based sunscreen should be used on any area of sun-exposed skin, which you plan to treat
- Skin Types 3 and above will need to commence pigment inhibitors 2 – 4 weeks prior (Skindividuals Vit B & C)
Post Plasma Fibroblast Treatment Recommendations
Do not get the treatment area wet for 48 hours and do not apply any cosmetic or cosmeceuticals products on the area except Dermaheal when needed.
- Avoid cold compressing or ice packing the area post-treatment
- A mild sunburn-like sensation is anticipated. This usually resolves within 2-3 hours of treatment but may persist for up to 2 days.
- Completely avoid sun exposure to treated areas for the first 48 hours. Apply a zinc-based sunblock daily to sun-exposed treated areas between treatments
- After 48 hours Skindividuals Vit B may be introduced
- Once crusting has naturally fallen off Skindividuals Vit A & C may be reintroduced
- Bathe or shower as usual. Treated areas may be temperature sensitive. Avoid the use of strongly scented lotions or soaps, prescription-strength exfoliate creams, loofah sponges, and aggressive scrubbing to treated areas during the healing phase
- Allow any blistered or open areas to heal spontaneously. If healing is delayed, a thin coating of antibiotic ointment may be advised. Do not pick at these areas. Picking may result in infection or scarring. Allow any crusting to heal spontaneously, crusting will resolve in 3 to 14 days. Application of antibiotic ointment is not recommended for crusting
Until redness and discomfort have completely resolved, avoid all of the following:
- Applying cosmetics on treated areas (mineral makeup permitted after 48 hours)
- Swimming, Hot tubs and Jacuzzis
- Activities that cause excessive perspiration
- Avoid sun exposure to treated areas
- Do not pick, scratch or remove scabs as this will cause unwanted side effects
- Increased photosensitivity to UV can occur when taking certain medications. During your treatment programme, if you have commenced or changed dosage with the following medications, you must advise your clinician:
- Antibiotics – doxycycline (acne), minocycline, Tetracyclines, Sulphonamides
- Antihistamines – Diphenhydramine, Cyproheptadine
- Herbal preparations – St Johns wort, Gingko Biloba, citrus oils, Herbal HRT therapies
Taking these medications does not exclude you from plasma treatments; however, extra precautions are applicable in these cases
Healing Process for Plasma treatments
Day 1: Immediately and shortly after treatment, there may be some swelling and fluid retention, especially around the eyes. Swelling is not a bad thing and is a natural part of the healing process, so don’t try to “treat” it with anything other than cold compress and only use that if you feel you really need to. The eye area is the most prone to swelling, so do expect it and allow yourself a full 24-48 hours to let this subside. Re-apply Dermaheal as needed for the first 2 days.
Day 1 – 4: Especially in the eye area, swelling peaks upon waking, first thing in the morning. Over the course of the first 1-3 days, it is normal for the swelling to migrate down into the under eye area. This will subside generally through day 3 and be mostly normal by day 4.
- The area will feel hot, like a sunburn for about the first 24 hours. This is normal. The sensation should subside 24 – 48 hours.
- Treatment zones will feel tight both immediately post-procedure and for the first 2 to 4 days.
- You will likely experience the area feeling slightly itchy from days 2-5. This is a normal part of the healing process. DO NOT ITCH OR SCRATCH THE DOTS. DO NOTHING TO ABRADE THEM IN ANY WAY. You can use Mediquattro (purchase from Chemist) to ease the itch.
- No more pain or discomfort should be felt by Day 4.
Day 5: Beginning around day 5 the dots will begin to shed naturally, on their own, and this will continue possibly up to about day 10. LET THIS HAPPEN NATURALLY, DO NOTHING TO ABRADE THEM IN ANY WAY. Use of Powder mineral makeup is permitted and encouraged from Day 5.
Day 10: By day 10 your carbon dots should be gone and you can resume your body care, physical activity and makeup use as normal.
IT IS IMPORTANT TO KEEP THE TREATED AREA PROTECTED FROM SUN EXPOSURE.
So that means avoiding direct exposure, covering the area or sunblock for at least the 8 weeks.
Week 2 – 4: Treated areas slightly pink and could be slightly tender to the touch.
Weeks 5 – 8: Continual improvement both in sensation, texture, look and feel. By week 8 the treated area will have completely blended with the untreated areas.
Month 3-6: Reschedule appointment for next treatment