Trusted by clients across Melbourne, we thank you for choosing us as your personal beauty specialist
Enhance your natural beauty
Cosmetic Lip Tattoo in Melbourne
Semi-Permanent makeup can change the size and shape of the lips by creating a fuller and sexier lip, as well as adding colour to correct uneven imbalances. This procedure helps prevent lipstick bleeding into the surrounding skin, as well as restoring the natural pigment of your lip line- known as the “white line”, commonly lost through sun damage.
Countourless/ Lip Blush Tattoo: Enhancing the natural lip colour with a light pixel technique to improve definition to create the illusion of fullness. Most natural look and great for those who are comfortable with their lips but wanting a subtle transformation. Either matching to your natural lip colour or dusting a soft colour of your choice.
Full Lip Tattoo: Blending the entire pigment into the full lip so there is no graduation of colour. Great for lip construction where we need to rebuild the shape and fill either a natural colour or if the client wants a heavier saturation of colour being that “lipstick look”.
Lipstick look: Clients that like wearing lipstick daily and wants a more saturated colour on their lip. Make sure you bring in your lipstick to match.
Ombre Lip Tattoo: By tattooing two different colours a gradient effect “ombre” can be achieved. We can create this look with a darker colour on the inside or outside and fade out.
Lip Line & Blend Tattoo: Cosmetic lip tattoo involves altering the appearance of the lip line to create the perfect shaped lip which you desire. The pigment is blended back into the body of the lip to give a more natural and gradual tone of colour.
- You can still wear any coloured lipstick over the top of your desired tattoo colour either it being a lighter or darker shade. By having your lips tattooed, the base colour will hold your lipstick on for several hours without having to reapply.
- For clients that have extreme asymmetrical lips and shrinking of the vermilion, we can considerably build the shape of the lip to give more definition and symmetry. Clients are always so surprised by the reconstruction when simulated. The lip is still there, it just starts to blend in with the dermis as we age.
Colour Selection: Not to worry, we have a massive range of pigments. Once the lips are healed, if you like to manipulate the colour, we can do this at the perfecting session. You are not stuck with any particular colour. However, best to come in with your favourite lippy if you have a particular colour in mind.
- Slight swelling will occur for at least 24- 48 hours, but no downtime, you can resume work, etc without fear that you have to hideaway.
- Minimal to no pain! Shelley is trained in the latest techniques and is top in her field.
Do you suffer from cold sores?
We strongly suggest that clients undergo a course of any of the following antiviral medications to prevent cold sore outbreak after your tattooing procedure.
- Lysine is a natural essential amino acid, best taken 1 month before the procedure
- Valtrex, which you can obtain a prescription from your doctor, and will attack the virus immediately. Best to take 2 days before and after the procedure.
Pros & Cons of Fillers:
A full Cosmetic lip tattoo is a great option rather than fillers. While injectables build the bulk of the lip, it doesn’t address the issue of pigment loss and correcting the lip shape/line. If done correctly, along with tattooing, fillers can look amazing, but done incorrectly, injectables can give an extreme and fake look. This is why we always recommend to clients to first try tattooing, being that it looks extremely natural, then if need be, use filler/ botox to finish the desired look.
* If you choose to get injectables, make sure you come in for your tattoo beforehand as tattooing will decrease the strength of the filler by 10% depending on when injected.