Trusted by clients across Melbourne, we thank you for choosing us as your personal beauty specialist
Enhance your natural beauty
HOME CARE INSTRUCTIONS:
LOOKING AFTER YOUR MICRO PIGMENTATION/COSMETIC TATTOO
Please read and follow instructions carefully. Your aftercare is extremely important for the outcome of your new tattoo, along with healing in minimal time without any complications. Please be patient you will have a loss of colour and the tattoo will shrink, we will make necessary adjustments at your touch up session. If you have any questions please feel free to call Shelley on 0412 144 015
FOR THE FIRST 48 HOURS AVOID WATER ON THE TATTOO.
AVOID for 2 weeks: NO soap, cleansers, swimming, sun, saunas, makeup and excessive sweating.
- No scratching or picking, just tap the area if itchy, as you don’t want to scratch pigment away.
- No facials, Botox, chemical treatments or microdermabrasion for 4 weeks
- Apply sunblock daily. Exposure to the sun over time can cause fading and colour change.
- Avoid Glycolic Acid or Peels if you want to keep your tattoo. Anything with active ingredients will lighten the colour with continuous use. Check moisturisers and cleansers as they can also fade tattoo colour if they contain Vitamins or AHA’s.
- Due to slight swelling your tattoo may not look symmetrical after the procedure – not to worry, this will settle once the swelling goes down.
- Colours will appear darker/brighter and more sharply defined immediately following the procedure. Colours will lighten and soften in 3- 5 days.
- When the pigment settles, clients often think the colour is lost or has lightened too much, please be patient, as you can’t judge the true colour til week 4. Colour will continue to come and go based on the stages of exfoliation and healing.
- It is completely normal to lose up to 50% of the colour in the first session, please don’t worry, that is why we have a perfecting session.
- You cannot donate blood for 6 months following any cosmetic tattoo procedure.
- Change your pillowcase to avoid any contact with dust or bacteria.
EYEBROWS: Every individual is different based on their skin and the type of procedure.
- Dry Healing brings out the best results. If advised by the tattooist, put aftercare ointments provided 1-2 times a day or just when needed.
- Brows should heal within 3-5 days.
- Avoid spicy foods, lipsticks, gloss, hot drinks, red wine, kissing or citrus drinks for 5 days.
- Use a cold pack if required. Cover so it doesn’t freeze the lips
- Your lips will be very dry. It’s important to keep them moist with CTM aftercare. If you have dry pieces of skin do not pull or pick at them let the lips exfoliate naturally.
- You still may get a cold sore after the tattoo even if you have never in the past as the virus may be living dormant in your system. If so take over the counter Famvir, a prescription from your Dr. of Valtrex or L-lysine. Also can alternate application with your aftercare cream and Zovirax.
- Continue to constantly hydrate the lips to prepare for your 2nd procedure.
The eye area will feel like windburn, avoid rubbing your eyes. Eyeliner usually heals within about 3 days. The thickness will shrink and it won’t be as dark once healed. Remember any adjustments in thickness and colour will be made at your second appointment.
- NO mascara or eye make-up for 7 days.
- Ice or use eye drops if necessary.
- No wearing contact lenses for 3 days.
- Use aftercare cream if sore, otherwise, not to worry.
TOUCH UPS – MUST be booked between 4-8 weeks
- Touch up cannot be done until the skin has finished healing which is 4 weeks.
- Any adjustments to colour and shape are made on your second visit, please be patient.
- It is essential that you book in for your perfecting session 4- 8 weeks after your first initial consultation. Failure to book in will result in an overall impact on our ability to guarantee the longevity of your tattoo and will take the technician longer to complete.
- Tattooing is a two-step procedure, to perfect your new tattoo you will need your perfecting session.
*** If left any longer than 4-8 weeks ADDITIONAL FEES MAY APPLY.
ONGOING TOUCH UPS: Take into consideration that everyone’s skin takes tattoo pigment differently. Lifestyle will also be a contributing factor, hence people will need touch-ups at different stages.
Hair stroke: 8-14 months Powder Brow: 1-2 years Lips & Eyeliner: 2-3 years. Touch-ups are charged at $150 hour and can usually complete in 1-2 hours
We are here for you and urge you to contact us if you have any questions or concerns. We truly want all of our clients happy and rest assured they will have the best outcome. Even though we discuss the aftercare and provide the sheet – its still good to hear it. xxx
TO BOOK your next appointment, please visit our website or Instagram page
Follow us on Instagram & Facebook for Promos, Competitions & News
www.cosmetictattooingmelbourne.com.au | Email: email@example.com
Tel: 0412 144 015