Trusted by clients across Melbourne, we thank you for choosing us as your personal beauty specialist
Enhance your natural beauty
Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT) Skin Needling in Melbourne
Collagen induction therapy (CIT) is a skin rejuvenation technique. CIT is an improved form of traditional roller micro-needling. CIT “no roller” technology is applied via a digital handheld device with skin use needles which penetrate the skin up to 0.3mm- 1.2mm at variable speeds.
Once the skin is penetrated with the needles, the body responds with a wound-healing reaction, which produces natural collagen. With microscopic punctures in the epidermis/ dermis, CIT skin needling is non-invasive with no damage to the skin.
Skin Needling promotes the natural reproduction of collagen and elastin, making the skin feel smoother and tighter, giving it an overall healthy glow.
The new collagen that CIT creates improves areas such as wrinkles and scar tissue. New blood vessel growth improves blood flow to the skin, which will stimulate cellular metabolism, producing improved skin oxygenation.
The most popular areas for CIT treatment are the face, neck, and hands, but CIT can be applied anywhere on the body you may want to improve the skin texture.
CIT procedures have minimal downtime for healing with redness and swelling generally subside within 24 hours, and most people can return to work the following day without any irritation or embarrassment.
Benefits of CIT Skin Needling
- Skin appears smoother
- Collagen growth is stimulated for a healthy glow
- Minimizes stretch marks
- Reduces surgical scars
- General improvement of skin integrity
- Improves fine to moderate wrinkles
- Benefits skin texture and ageing skin
- Reduces pore size and laugh lines
- Eliminates acne scars
- Skin tightening effect
- Creating a more fresh, more rejuvenated complexion
- Improves mobility of burn scars
- Improves deepened or depressed scars such as Chicken Pox scars
- Can even out skin pigmentation
- Ideal for improving areas marked by pimple and scab picking
CIT “No roller” Technology VS Traditional Skin Needling
Our CIT procedure is a new more advanced form of technology than traditional skin needling with a dermal roller or single-use needle.
The Bio Evolution intelligent digital device with a needle system with the attachment of a cartridge guarantees the highest standards of hygienic safety and eliminates the risk of contamination.
The needle depth and power are maintained at the correct levels which ensures that the CIT solution is precisely delivered to the right levels of the epidermis and dermis with a much greater density are achieved, along with reducing the time for the skin to heal itself.
Derma Rolling Skin Needling
- The dermal roller creates a motion which is a divot in the skin, which can damage the skin and create even more scarring.
- Our digital device moves up and down at a rapid speed so it protects the skin’s integrity.
waxing is basically a hair removal technique that is partly permanent wherein the hair is removed from its roots. Typically for waxing, hot wax is used so that it is easier and more effective.
A thick hot layer of wax is applied on paper strips or cloth strips and is placed on the areas where waxing is to be done. Waxing is carried out typically on these areas of the body, the hands, underarms, legs, eyebrows, upper lip, chin, back, feet, chest, bikini waxing, and even full body waxing is carried out.
Waxing comes loaded with benefits like a lot of hair is removed at one go and hair removal is faster and swifter. It takes anywhere from 2-8 weeks for the hair to grow back completely. The hair is removed at its roots in a waxing method as compared to depilatory cream or other methods’. After waxing, a basic tan is removed and the hands feel smooth and nice.
If you are new to Just Threading, we recommend that you try out our Waxing service at least one time! We guarantee you that you will be more than happy with our service and notice the visible difference for yourself!
- Healing from needling with a roller can be up to 5 days. Potential for swelling and scarring is high, because of the harsh nature of the unit itself.
- CIT minimizes downtime for healing – generally no more than 24 hours. With the new technology, we can control the depth of the needle permeating the skin, and adjust to suit each client’s needs and skin types.
- Skin infection rates post-treatment can be high. Derma rollers reused so attention to machine sterilization is paramount between each treatment to avoid the risk of contamination.
- Significantly reduced rates of infection. CIT has sterile single-use cartridges, which are disposed of after each client, therefore the risk of infection is negligible.
People who are not acceptable candidates for this procedure are:
Anyone that is under medical care that may be on a high blood pressure medication, heart medication, is diabetic, not in general good health, is a poor healer, has an active herpetic breakout, or has just had an invasive laser treatment
- Cystic active acne,
- Active psoriasis or Eczema
- Very Lax skin
- If you have prone to keloid scarring you would not be a suitable candidate
- Anyone that has any type of facial skin disease or disorder that would be a contraindication
- Anyone with scars that are less than 6 months old
- Anyone that has had facial fillers or Botox, in the past 7 days
- Anyone who has had facial surgery in the past 6 months
- Anyone that has been using Corto-steroids on the treatment area, as this thins the skin’s tissue
At the procedure:
The skin is cleansed prior to the anaesthetic being applied to the area.
Specialized actives including hyaluronic acid/antioxidants/amino acids and peptides are applied to the skin immediately preceding treatment, which increases the uptake of these actives by 80% compared to topical application alone.
Using a digital machine, sterile, single-use needle cluster of 18 is gently inserted into the epidermis and top layer of the dermis. The depth of the needles will depend on the method of procedure, depth of area to be worked on, and condition of the tissue. Usually, the area will be penetrated up to 0.3mm. There is usually no discomfort during the treatment. The only facial areas of any minimal discomfort are the forehead and bridge of the nose, which may sometimes felt during the application of the anaesthetic. The rest of the face feels like a deep cleansing facial. The needling can even be applied close to the eye area to targeting fine wrinkles with no discomfort.
Post Procedure Skin Appearance
Immediately after the CIT procedure, the tissue may be slightly swollen, tender or red. For most, this will completely fade overnight or within 24 hours with a healthy glow in the morning. For others, very tiny little scabs may occur and fade away with subtle light skin peeling within 2-4 days.
Follow up treatments
The number of repeat treatments will vary considerably according to the initial existing condition of the skin and desired results. This will be discussed on a case- by -case basis at your initial consultation with the therapist. We have clients that have seen immediate, long-lasting results, and other clients noticed and improve gradually.
The procedure can be repeated at a 4-8 week intervals allowing the skins natural collagen and elastin to rejuvenate.
The use of skin treatments and/or products both pre- and post-treatment will enhance the client’s results dramatically.